What are the best healthy treats to give your dog?
Following on from my post about Ounce’s prettiest eyes the other day, I thought I would just do a promotion for a lovely person I met at the Parks Trust event, the Big Doggie Do – Michelle from Woofs Treats.
Michelle is clearly very knowledgeable about dogs and has worked hard to develop a great range of treats. I was particularly impressed that she has researched and produced treats that are suitable for dogs on special diets, because I know how hard it can be to find something suitable for some dogs.
Top treats can include:
- cheese – mild cheddar is not too crumbly, nice and cheap. Cut into small cubes
- squirty cheese – lots of people buy tubes of cheese, which the dog can lick. It’s a bit disgusting but dogs love it and it takes them longer to get a small amount
- sausage – ordinary cooked sausage, cut small
- frankfurters – I slice up quite finely and then cook in the oven for a while. This dries them out so them are easier to handle and last longer
- liver cake – if you must. I never do, but people swear by it: liver cake recipe
For now, I am going to keep buying these Wagg training treats I find them so easy to carry and use and the dogs still really love them. I take them into school for the children to give to Busy when we are doing our voluntary work for Canine Concern.
However, if I am looking for something different, I will definitely visit this local company for something homemade and healthy!
If you want to know more, why not FOLLOW ME? Then you will receive an email when there is a new post. Please CONTACT ME if you have a problem you would like me to talk about? And feel free to COMMENT if you want to tell me what you think.