How do you cope with all those dog smells?
When you get a dog, you have to put up with some horrible dog smells. I am writing more about this topic today because my lovely new dog garden is already a bit smelly and I need to do something to fix it. I’ve decided to get some disinfectant and this one looks like it will do the business:
- Odourfresh – Powerful Triple-Action Cleaner, Disinfectant and Deodoriser.
- 12 fragrances are available to choose from – Cherry, Bubblegum, Lavender, Lemon, Cinnamon, Peardrop, Spearmint, Baby Powder, Eucalyptus, Tutti Frutti, Freshly Cut Grass or Pine Forest – See description for details of how to choose. NEW FRAGRANCES FOR CHRISTMAS – Winter Berry & Gingerbread
- Specifically designed for use around pets and animals, doesn’t contain harmful bleach or aldehydes. Cleans up animal mess, destroys odours and targets the sources of bad smells.
- High level disinfectant with effective bactericidal and virucidal properties. Protects you and your family from nasty animal bugs.
- Concentrated formula, can be diluted up to 100:1 as a deodoriser.
What flavours should I choose?
NB: Do NOT use ‘standard’ disinfectants such as Dettol neat liquid – these are not safe for use around animals.
Cleaning up ‘accidents’ on the floor
Normally, when mopping the floor, I use a generic floor cleaner such as Flash. When clearing up wees etc I tend to use an anti-bacterial spray and just wipe with a cloth. This is on the hard floors. On carpets, I usually try and soak up the wee first, with a dry cloth or kitchen towel. Then I spray with the anti-bacterial spray and then give it a good rub with the cloth.
When clearing up solid ‘deposits’ I usually gather up what I can with some toilet roll and then just flush it down the toilet, before cleaning as above.
Washing your dog
Top tip: When your dog rolls in fox poo (when, not if) try rubbing in a handful of tomato ketchup. Then wash out. It really helps to remove the smell. Or get some Fox Poo Shampoo
If you want to know more, why not FOLLOW ME? Then you will receive an email when there is a new post. Please CONTACT ME if you have a problem you would like me to talk about? And feel free to COMMENT if you want to tell me what you think.