How do you cope with all those dog smells?
When you get a dog, you have to put up with some horrible dog smells. I am writing more about this topic today because my lovely new dog garden is already a bit smelly and I need to do something to fix it. I’ve decided to get some disinfectant and this one looks like it will do the business:
I like the features:
- Odourfresh – Powerful Triple-Action Cleaner, Disinfectant and Deodoriser.
- 12 fragrances are available to choose from – Cherry, Bubblegum, Lavender, Lemon, Cinnamon, Peardrop, Spearmint, Baby Powder, Eucalyptus, Tutti Frutti, Freshly Cut Grass or Pine Forest – See description for details of how to choose. NEW FRAGRANCES FOR CHRISTMAS – Winter Berry & Gingerbread
- Specifically designed for use around pets and animals, doesn’t contain harmful bleach or aldehydes. Cleans up animal mess, destroys odours and targets the sources of bad smells.
- High level disinfectant with effective bactericidal and virucidal properties. Protects you and your family from nasty animal bugs.
- Concentrated formula, can be diluted up to 100:1 as a deodoriser.
What flavours should I choose?
NB: Do NOT use ‘standard’ disinfectants such as Dettol neat liquid or Zoflora – these are NOT safe for use around animals.
Cleaning up ‘accidents’ on the floor
I use a wet cloth and then a light spray with some diluted Odour Eliminator. I then wash out the Envirocloth, ready for next time. When I mop the floor I use my Norwex Mop system and just water, with a bit of Laundry Detergent if the floor is very muddy.
When clearing up solid ‘deposits’ I usually gather up what I can with some toilet roll and then just flush it down the toilet, before cleaning as above.
Washing your dog
I have already talked about this in a couple of other posts; grooming your dog; walking in the rain but I think it is worth repeating my top tip “When your dog rolls in fox poo (when, not if) try rubbing in a handful of tomato ketchup. Then wash out. It really helps to remove the smell.” Or get some Fox Poo Shampoo.
If you want to know more, why not FOLLOW ME? Then you will receive an email when there is a new post. Please CONTACT ME if you have a problem you would like me to talk about? And feel free to COMMENT if you want to tell me what you think.